What You Should Know Before Your Visit
Our Black-Eyed-Susans at Dusk. . . . Summer '06
- We maintain a smoke-free environment in our house. You are welcome to smoke outdoors.
- Our guest rooms are on the second floor. We are not handicap accessible.
- We have off road parking.
- We're sorry, but we cannot accommodate visiting pets.
- Only two persons per room.
- A deposit for the first night of your stay is due at the time you make your reservation. If you are sending a check for your deposit, we must receive it in five (5) days or we cannot hold your reservation.
- Cancellations must be made within fourteen (14) days of your visit or there is a cancellation fee of 25% of your room rate. Balance of payment is due upon arrival.
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, checks or cash.
- Check-in time is a specific time between 3 p.m. and 11 p.m. that you choose, and we plan on; let us know approximately when you will be arriving. We do not have a "staffed" front desk. We want to be sure we are here for you when you arrive! (If your plans are changing, please let us know). Once you check-in, you'll have your own key to come and go as you please.
- Check-out time is 11 a.m.
- Your rate includes a full breakfast and an evening snack with a tea tray.
- Our rooms are TV and telephone free; however HDTV and DVDs are available in the guest living room. Our backyard gardens and bird feeders are for your enjoyment. You are always welcome there! (Unfortunately, we cannot invite our guests to use our in-ground pool due to insurance regulations.)
So. . . .Why Stay at The Barstow House 1888?
We have always believed in the value of a home's past and have done our best to keep this ones structure and furnishings as close to their original character as possible.
When you arrive at The Barstow House 1888, you will enter a home where feet from more than a hundred years ago have worn the threshold of the front door.
Floors and walls may be less than perfectly straight.
You may see original imperfections in the antique veneer of many of our favorite pieces of furniture. Each tells its own story. Every antique plate, cup, and saucer was once held by hands of the past.
Even the garage--once a horse barn (circa 1850)--stands exactly where it was placed when it was moved here after the house was built in 1888.
We began our business because we enjoy people and history and take pleasure in pampering our guests as they make their way along the historic Cherry Valley Turnpike. Perhaps you're attending a wedding nearby, visiting a son or daughter in college, or arriving for a family get together. You may be simply traveling through the area. Whatever the reason, we hope you will enjoy the character, history, and warmth of The Barstow House 1888.